Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Years Day, 2012

It's a new year and that always draws my thoughts to the kind of changes I would like to see take place in my life.  New Year's resolutions often seem so wonderful and grand when I first make them.  then time passes and life gets in the way and it completely overshadows them to the point that they disappear.

I don't know why, but I know that 2012 is a very special yer.  I want to live my live each day as if this were going to be my last year alive.  I feel a dramatic sense of urgency to be prepared to meet my Savior.  I can't seem to be able to stop thinking about how critical this year is going to be for me in many different ways. 

I have been in prison for over a year.  It is tough and challenging, but I have grown immensely and I am truly grateful for this "time-out."  I still feel that I can be doing more, that I could have worked harder and done more.

I have to keep reminding myself that my Heavenly Father doesn't care about what I perceive my results are as much as He cares about my efforts.  All He wants from me is to try with all my heart, might, mind and strength.  I know I can do that, even if I doubt what good it would do.

I have promised myself to re-engage myself in the quest to becoming "Spiritually Centered."  I know this is the key for me and no matter what happens, I am going to invest myself 100%  That is my #1 resolution...become spiritually centered.  I know that the true success of all my other resolutions depend on this one.

I ask for all of your prayers and you will have mine.  I pray that this year we will all place a greater emphasis on keeping ourselves spiritually centered, so that we might be able to hear the whispering  of the Spirit clearly and consistently.

If we can hear, we can obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment