Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Exercise and Development

August 2, 2011

Today has been a very good day!  Working out in 105 degree weather DOES have its perks; You sure do feel like you have accomplished something afterwards!

I found out that I have lost eight pounds since the last time I was weighed, which was a couple of months ago.  I now weigh 200 pounds.  that is still the lost i have ever weighed.  I usually stay around 185-190 when I am in a muscle-building mode.  Since I am 6"1", that is a perfect weight for me, in my opinion.

When I was first arrested I was definitely NOT used to so much down time, when it comes to my physical activity level.  That, combined with the high-calorie food they feed us, resulted in a massive weight gain.  The most I weighed in here was 215!




I can't begin to express how many different benefits come from regular and consistent daily exercise.  Especially if you are ADHD!  Exercise is absolutely critical.  I am so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with the body I have.  It is one of my most important stewartships.  When you put forth the effort to make sure your temple stays healthy, the Lord pours blessings out to you.

We had a new guy start working out with us.  Today was his second day.  You could tell he was really struggling and that it was extremely difficult for him, but he pushed through the workout!  It's funny because looking back, we all have to go through those first painful weeks when we first start daily, consistent exercise.

Now that my body is conditioned to the exertion, I find myself enjoying the same workout that I first so dreaded!  I believe most things in life are this way.  I pray that we will all have the faith to push through the pain that comes when we first start pushing our limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment