Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Books You Must Read

July 27, 2011

I believe I have found my absolute favorite series of books!  I am in love with Gerald N. Lund's The Work and the Glory.  What an amazing work on the history of the restored church.

I am learning so much about the early days of the church.  I'm realizing that I knew practically nothing about all the details of the restoration during the first twenty years of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Everyday I read it, I find my eyes tearing up a bit because the Spirit touches me so deeply.  I quickly cover my face and wipe the tears away.  Reading all the events that took place in those early days has also really strengthened my testimony of the Doctrine and Covenants.  Understanding all the events involved at the time those revelations were given really helps me to put it all into perspective.

Gerald Lund is nothing but inspired.  Before this series I also read a couple of his other books.  His #1 seller, and the #1 selling LDS series of all time,  is The Kingdom and the Crown.  He takes you back to the Savior's lifetime in Jerusalem and immerses you in those times.



These two series are a MUST read, if you are a Latter-Day Saint.  they will expand your understanding and strengthen your testimony.  He has written two other equally amazing and inspired books, The Fire and the Covenant and Undaunted.  They are both based on the early LDS pioneers.



I hope everyone will take the time to read these books.  They have a powerful spirit and a powerful message, of which I believe everyone should partake.

No comments:

Post a Comment