Friday, December 16, 2011

What Gets Me Through Anything

10-18-2011

It has been a long time since my last journal entry. Much has happened. My mother came to visit me almost exactly a month ago. She was able to speed three awesome 8-hour days with me. I had a wonderful time. It almost seemed like normal.



After the visit was over, I spent a week locked down because the prison decided to do their quarterly search of the whole facility.  I was unable to work out and that added to the decline in my motivational levels.  I seemed to crash and burn for a few weeks.  Now I am really starting to get back into my routine.



I am grateful that through it all I was able to remain consistent in my scripture studies.  It has provided me light and the strength I was looking for to keep pushing forward.  No matter what, never let go of the rod.  Even if everything else is falling apart, if you can just hold onto that one thing, you will always reach the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment