Wednesday, March 14, 2012

January 28, 2012

A couple days ago I had another spiritual breakthrough.  It occurred during my evening prayer.  It dawned on me in the middle of my prayer.  I realized that for the longest time my prayers had consisted of me talking to God, but doing no listening, whatsoever.  I would give my thanks, repent of my sins, pray for my needs and the needs of others.  Then I would end the prayer and go to sleep.  I was kind of shocked that I had neglected this most crucial ingredient of prayer.  I only listened for an answer when I had a major, critical decision that I knew I could not make without His input.  Of course, the answers always came for these serious matters.

I realized that my daily prayers had become automatic.  I quickly repented and opened my mind and heart to the Lord.  I approached Him with questions about the things I was dealing with daily.  They were things that I had previously considered small and frivolous and not worth my Heavenly Father’s time.  It was almost as if I thought that I had a limited amount of personal revelation and I wanted to save it for the major decisions.

I realize now that nothing is too small for God to answer.  We have unlimited personal revelation!  He wants us to take advantage of the line of communication that prayer opens for us.  I am grateful for prayer and the love my Father in Heaven has for me.  I am grateful that He cares for me enough to respond to the seemingly insignificant things.

No comments:

Post a Comment