Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Letter to Mom - Part One

March 25, 2011

The first thing I want to address is what I have learned about my Heavenly Father. I always felt like it was strange that we prayed to Him and not Christ. I always found myself wanting to talk to the Savior. I actually remember thinking, "What is the point in praying to the Father? It's the Son who does everything for us." I had no connection with the Father, but I could relate to Jesus. I was pretty much wholly focused on the Savior.

This is 100% the correct way to get into the telestial kingdom. It is not going to get me to the Celestial Kingdom. It is not about the Savior; it is about God, the Eternal Father. Even Christ, Himself, says that it all about the Father. He gives all the credit to Him. Everything He does is for the Father.

As shocking as it may seem, before the CD program "Becoming Spiritually Centered," that you sent me, I did not know my God. Now I do. I understand! I can feel my Father's love for me. My focus is on Him and nothing else. Anything less is not going to get me where I want to be.

I am being taught that anything we allow to create value in ourselves needs to come from God. If our self-worth is tied to anything else, it generates low feelings of self-worth. I now understand that that God loves us unconditionally. He loves me the same regardless of my performance. I am of equal worth to Him as the Savior. Christ is of equal worth to God as Lucifer is. Our Father in Heaven has a perfect love. My worth to Him is unmeasurable. Absolutely nothing will ever change my true worth. Nothing. The only thing that changes is MY ability to FEEL His love. When I walk in the light, I can feel His love for me.

I now am placing my self-worth on God's love for me and detaching myself from all those things that used to give me self=esteem. Things like winning, physical appearance, helping others, etc. Whenever we allow ANYTHING in this temporal world to value us, we are giving the Adversary a way to bring us down.

Everything we do needs to be dedicated to and done for God.

For example, do you feel bad that I am in prison? I heard you say "yes." Why? You know that the Lord has a plan for me and He is going to do whatever it takes to ensure I come back to Him. You should be rejoicing, Mom. You can't? Why not? Don't be temporally centered. See the situation as Christ sees it. Look with your spiritual eyes and you would be dancing for joy! Why feel sorrow for the pain I had to endure? You know that it was for my spiritual growth. You know it was God's way of helping me. Celebrate, Mom! Let go of the natural man's urges to be selfish and try to see things as God sees it. This is but a moment, Mom. God loves us, we are spiritual angels with worth unmeasurable.

I am opening my eyes and accepting God's love. I can feel it so strongly at times, it is almost overwhelming. Rejoice in this life with me, Mom. Your value is not based on how well you have raised us. It is not based on how well you can do bead work, or how well you teach, or how much you weigh. (to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment