Saturday, April 9, 2011

Letter to Mom - Part Two

March 25, 2011

You are a spiritual giant, Mom. A perfect soul who was exceptionally faithful in the pre-mortal existence. You have already won, Mom. We just need to allow God to love us and place all our worth on His love. Every single day we live should be an amazing, awesome day! No matter what trials we come across, as long as we are spiritually centered and use those trials for what they were intended - spiritual growth.

The natural man tells us that we are not enough, that we are not doing it good enough, that we need to do better or that is not enough. Not enough! All God wants from us is progress! He doesn't care if we make mistakes, if we have trouble with addictions, if we are selfish at times. What matters is that we are trying to improve, that we are dedicated and determined to stay on that straight and narrow path - no matter what. He sees us making progress, no matter how small that progress may seem to us, it is enough for us to qualify for eternal life.

I love you so much, Mom. You have always shown me the kind of love that God has for us, so I know you know how much God loves you. Rejoice in the knowledge that we have the gospel in our lives, that we are on the path to eternal life, that we will be able to be together for all eternity as a family.

I am so grateful to have you as a mother. Whatever I did before to qualify for such a tremendous blessing must have been pretty awesome. Thank you, Mom, for your testimony. thank you for always seeing my true worth, even though I never did.

I can honestly say I never had any self-esteem, until now. What a glorious statement that is! I feel like I am worth something! I feel good about myself! the most important thing is that none of these feelings are tied to anything on the temporal level. I am starting to see my spiritual self for the very first time.

Now that I can see how god sees me, I can also see how God sees others. Now that I am starting to truly love myself as God loves me, I can start loving others the same way.

I hope you are smiling, Mom. I hope you know how much I love and appreciate you. without you I would be lost. Now that I have found the path, don't you think I am going to let you out of my sight even for a second! Don't you even think about wandering off! I got my eye on you, Mom-ster!

Thank you again, Momma, for everything. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment