Monday, July 11, 2011

The Blessings of Adversity

June 11, 2011

This week had been a good one.  I have realized that I started to rebel against the daily curriculum that God has set for me each day.   I KNOW that every single think that happens to me is for my benefit and growth.  Yet - it is SO easy to forget and focus on what I want it to be like!

I allowed a couple of adversities to take me out of my spiritual focus and the result was a loss of light in my life.  Surprise!  After a couple of  days, this loss of light can really start manifesting itself in various ways.  Probably one of the most powerful ways this is evident is in the lack of patience with others. 

Being locked up in pod with 60 other guys, twenty plus hours a day has its own unique challenges.  One of these is that you have to be around people that you  would normally want to avoid!  What I forgot is that these people are actually a blessing.  They are here to provide me with many reminders to pray and seek the Spirit. 

These individuals can only bless my life, unless I decide to rebel against the Light and try to press my own agenda of what I want my day to entail.  If the Lord want to test me and provide me with opportunities for growth, who am I to argue??

I am grateful that He feels I am strong enough to handle more of the fire that refines the gold inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment