Monday, July 11, 2011

Galations 5: 17

June 6, 2011

I had a good day today and I got a lot done.  It seems like the past week I have been keeping myself compulsively busy, doing a lot of nothing.  I'm not sure why I have been trying to keep myself distracted from the things on which I know I should be spending my time.  Even though I still have 7.5 years left in prison, I am determined to take advantage of everyday.  I believe that I can use this time to improve myself and make a positive contribution to others.

I decided today that I have not been paying attention to what "enticements" are keeping me away from doing all that I want to accomplish in the day.  In my preparation for the Gospel lesson I a going to be giving this week, it really struck me that the natural man desires the opposite of what the Spirit desires. 
 Galatians 5:16  "This I say then, aWalk in the bSpirit, and ye shall not fulfil the clust of the flesh.
 17For the flesh lusteth against the aSpirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would."
I guess I still don't realize how consistently I need to be guarded against the desires of the natural man.  Without the companionship of the Holy Ghost I am nothing but a prideful sinner who is full of himself and glories in the domination of others.  Vain and arrogant, I  would always lead myself right into the worse possible situations.

With the Spirit, I have a peaceful, patient love that whispers peace and comfort to my heart.  I always seem to have enlightened thoughts and ideas about how I can improve my spiritual focus.  The more I am blessed with the companionship of the Holy ghost, the more creative I feel.  I hope you all enjoy the poetry that has been posted.  I never know what's going to pop out, when I listen to the Spirit.

I am excited for the coming week and I know I am going to improve on my performance from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment