Monday, July 11, 2011

Frustration

May 29, 2011

This past week has been quite the learning experience for me.  I have dealt with several trying temptations.  some I handled successfully, others I handled terribly.  Basically I have spent the week trying to repent and to once again turn my heart and will over to my God.

I am so grateful that we have modern-day prophets to speak to us on the trials of our day.  It was through the latest LDS General Conference talks that I was able to let go of the wheel, once again, and put my life back into the hands of my Savior.  I still can't get over how blessed I am to be a member of  the true church of God.  I can be instructed by so much light in His gospel. 

It breaks my heart when I think of all the souls who don't have what I have as a member of the true and living church.  It also breaks my heart when i realize how foolish I am.  I seem to be constantly throwing the light and truths that I KNOW to be true out of my life!  I am such a prideful and rebellious soul! 

I have decided to stop trying to guess what exactly I need to be doing each second of the day.  I find this only leads me to feeling overwhelmed, followed by me falling off the path.  I tend to obsess about details, and this leads to me trying to over think everything.

I have decided to let go and put it into the Lord's hands.  I will let His Spirit whisper to what I need to be doing each day.  If I fill my mind with too many details, I find it harder to hear the whispers of the Spirit.  I am sorry it has been so long since my last update.  I am going to make it point to update my journal more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment