Friday, July 8, 2011

Thoughts on My Mom

May 2, 2011

With Mother's Day coming up, I can't help but think of how blessed I am to have such an amazing mother.

She has always been there for me.  Even thought there were times when I told her I did not want her to be there for me, she always was.  She taught me to love God.  She continues to be my greatest example of what having a testimony of Christ looks like.

Since I have been focusing on being spiritually centered, I have been able to feel her sweet spirit more profoundly than ever before.  I don't know how, but I never realized how deep my mother's testimony of our Savior ran.  I am so grateful that my mother loves the Lord and is willing to go through so much that others may be comforted in their afflictions and adversities.

Growing up as the only boy in the family provided me with an extra close relationship with her.  I was, and still am, a mama's boy.  I couldn't imagine her not in my life.  We are able to practically know each other's thoughts and feelings.  Sometimes I write a question, only to have it answered in the next letter - which was written BEFORE my letter even gets to her.  I have never been closer to another person, in terms of always being able to count on their "being there" for me.

I love you, Mom, and it is my prayer that you can see yourself as I see you:
1.  A success in every possible way
2.  A rock of faith
3.  An example of a Latter-day Saint woman

You're amazing, Mom, and you deserve more than I could ever give you.

No comments:

Post a Comment