Saturday, March 19, 2011

#1 Study the Gospel and Christ's Life

February 26, 2011

To me this is, by far, the most critical habit to have. When I wrote this action, I wanted it to be more than just reading a chapter or two of scripture. More than just reading a talk or doing a scripture study guide. I wanted to make sure I was focusing on the end result I was trying to achieve by developing this habit. That end result was to better know my Savior. We only get answers as specific as the questions we ask. I made sure that there was the distinction to also study Christ's life.

This involves two actions for me. I either do a chapter in one of my study guides, read a conference talk from the Ensign or read a couple of chapters from the scriptures (of my own choice). then I read a chapter from Jesus, the Christ, by James Talmadge.

Once I complete both of those actions, I can cross it off my list. It was important for me to have some flexibility, especially when I first started the program. If I wasn't feeling super-spiritual and I didn't want to take the time to do a lesson from the study guides, I could always just read a conference talk. the whole thing only takes about 10-15 minutes.

The results I have felt by doing this consistently the past 25 days are nothing short of amazing. I have had some amazing spiritual experiences. I have had a missionary moment. I have felt the spirit stronger at church. I have become more involved in the lessons at church. the frequency that the Savior enters my thoughts throughout the day has drastically increased. I believe that is mainly due to the fact that I am making a daily consistent effort to focus on His life.

I could go on and on about the benefits of this habit. It is absolutely critical that we read from the instruction books of Eternal Life. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment