Saturday, March 19, 2011

#4 Write Something!

February 26, 2011

I wanted to make sure that I didn't allow myself to grow detached from others. Spending most of your time locked up and away from the "real world" can have some pretty adverse effects on a person. Making sure I was always taking the time to write to my family was extremely important to me. I don't want to waste my time in here and one of my goals is to have a better relationship with my family. what better way to get to know them better than to write back and forth. I also LOVE getting mail and I figure that the more letters I write, the more I will receive.

I am thankful that I included this action because I can see an improvement in my desire to write. I tend to have a habit of withdrawing from people when I am under stress or having a "down" moment. Expressing myself comes a lot easier now and I feel more comfortable sharing my emotions, even if they are in turmoil.

Imagine if you took a little time every single day to write to someone you knew, even if it was just a little note. Over time you would have a much better relationship with them. You would know them better and they would feel a little bit of your love every time they heard from you. Letter equal time and time equals love.

If I had access to email, this action would be so effortless. It takes just a minute to whip up a little email note just letting the other person know you are thinking about them. And - emails are free!! There should be no excuses why you can't reach out and say "hi" once a day.

On those days that you absolutely don't feel like talking to anyone, these is always your journal. Even if it is only a short paragraph, it counts. It's not about how much you write, it's about conditioning your mind into developing a habit of communication. Once it becomes a habit, it does the work for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment