Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Give Everything, Expect Nothing

Feb 23, 2011

The past week has been amazing. So many wonderful events packed into one week! I got to see my mother and sister. I made some mental breakthroughs and I had an amazing dream. Most of my prayers were answered in a way I thought had been lost to me.

Today marks the end of week 3 of Operation Success and I feel absolutely amazing! It's funny how its always around the third week that you can really start feeling the results of change. I feel so mentally healthy. everything is just coming together for me. It's been SO long since I have felt this mentally fit. the last time I can remember feeling like this is right before I met my son's mother. Back then I was 100 % positive and I had massive amounts of self-discipline.

My mentality back then was something I had been working on for a couple of years. I called it "Give everything, Expect nothing." I know that sounds odd, but it really produced results.

The idea was that when it came to my relationships with people, I was going to give them everything I had, expecting nothing in return. If you expect noting for your efforts, you can't be let down or disappointed! I did the things I did for people because I felt good serving them. I did the things that made me happy. the amazing thing is that when you truly give someone something and REALLY expect nothing in return (no ulterior motives); they always give back more than you could possibly imagine.

I have begun to understand a little more about why I had such tremendous success with that belief system. It all comes down to gratitude and positive thoughts without judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment