Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Second Visit

February 19, 2011


This week has gone well. It's had its ups and downs, as normal, but I am finding that continuing to work on Operation Success, I am able to focus on the positive more readily.

The second visit with my mom and sister went great. We were able to enjoy each others company and share our love with each other with understanding. I made sure to do my best and focus on making sure my mom felt special. We all played Rummy Cube together. My sister and I are very competitive. My mom just enjoys playing games and spending time with us. We were each able to win a game.

I know I still have a long way to go when it comes to my prideful nature. Sometimes it is so hard for me to let some of the smallest things go. If I think I am right about something, I am willing to start a war over it. It's foolish most of the time, especially considering the target of my argument is of little significance to begin with.

When my temper dies down, I look back puzzled because I realize how foolish it was to make an issue of something so small. I do this a lot when I play games. I guess I always feel that I need to be correct in my logic. I feel sorry for anyone who wishes to try and prove me wrong. I hang on tenaciously to my ideals. I guess that could be a good thing when it comes to things that are spiritual in nature. I just wish I was not so quick to react sometimes. That is the ADHD in me.

After the visit, the week went by pretty quickly. the only thing that set me back a bit was not getting any mail this whole week. I have only gotten two letters in the last three weeks. I better start writing more letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment