Saturday, March 19, 2011

Battling My Temper

February 23, 2011
The biggest trigger I am trying to wrestle down right now is my temper. It seems like some of the smallest things will just set me off. Here I am, having a fantastic morning. I have reviewed my to-do list for the day and I am mentally planning out my perfect day. Everything is going great. No negative thoughts. A few stray one try and creep in there, but I catch them quickly and shoo them off. Then something happens, so quickly that I am not able to catch it before it sets off my temper. there go my thoughts racing away. They are only doing what I have conditioned them to do.
Before, I was really prideful and I thought people OWNED me respect. OK, who are we kidding. I am still really prideful, but I am trying to fix that.

The more time a person spends paying attention to exactly what is going on up there in his head, in my case, the more you see things that you really don't like. I recognized things that I know have caused tremendous pain in my life. When I realized that it is within my grasp to change my thinking completely, I was infused with such a powerful sense of confidence and hope.
Confidence that I could gain control of my life and the hope that with my thoughts I could create anything I want in my life. Christ said, " As a man thinketh, so is he." Thoughts, like anything else we do, turn into habits. When we decide we want to change, we need to make sure we are aware of the timetable involved. It takes 27 days to make a habits, good OR bad.

The results I am getting from Operation Success have infused me with the confidence I am going to need to tackle my thoughts. I believe I can do this. I know I can do this. My ultimate goal is to condition my mind to be 100% of any and all types of negativity. To be 100% free of judgment. I believe it is possible and I know, in time, I will achieve this. If I can do this while locked away in prison for the next 8 years then none of you have any excuses.
Monday is going to be the first day of Opertion Success for a friend of mine in my pod. I am really excited about sharing this with others. He is excited to give it a shot. Really, what does he have to loose?
I am so grateful for all my blessings and all the gifts the Lord has bestowed upon me. this life is but a moment and the only things we take with us are our relationships and knowledge gained. Let's not waste another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment