Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Dream

Feb 19, 2011

Two days ago I had a very unusual dream. Only one other time in my life have I had a dream like this before. In this dream I was in a dark house searching for my son's mother. It was a two-story house and I knew that she lived downstairs. For some reason, there was only one way downstairs and somehow I also knew that this dark house had been designed for that purpose. I had the strangest feeling that I needed to find her.

I knew some time had passed while I was contemplating this house. I then was aware that she had just moved into a bedroom upstairs, in the hallway that led to the only entrance downstairs. That entrance had been inaccessible to me before. I immediately set off to go to her room. The door I thought should be hers was locked. I looked one door to the left and to my surprise, she was standing there in the doorway. I was surprised because I didn't expect her to know I was coming. I had the distinct feeling that she had been waiting for me.

I rush into the room and embrace her. I remember that I kept hugging her and this emotion I can't describe washed over me. This emotion was so consuming and overpowering. I have never felt an emotion like this before. When it hit me, I looked up to tell her something - and I woke up gasping!!

The emotion was still coursing through me. When I realized where I was, I was devastated. The pain was tremendous. I was dumbfounded at what I had just experienced. It was so real but even more than that was HOW it felt. Words can't describe the feelings I had. It was unfathomable. such a profound feeling that was stronger than any drug, stronger than any positive emotion I had ever felt.

The next day, as I pondered my dream, I began to realize that it was a message from God. There was only one other time I had dreamt that vividly; that had been a message to me at that time, too.

My mother often tells me that she has dreams about me. The funny thing is that when she contacts me and asks about what she saw in her dreams, she is always right. I know God can talk to us through our dreams. I just have not had much experience with it before. I am grateful that He is always aware of us and is willing to talk to us in whatever ways we understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment